Heated seat not working?

Power4

May 10, 2004
Rochester, NY
I've noticed that recently the driver's side seat doesn't seem to be working to full capacity. I remember it getting really warm last winter but this winter it seems to get luke-warm at best. The car was in at the dealer for something else the other day and I asked them to check it out however they said there was no problem :shrug:

Anyone else experienced this problem or know what it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

I've noticed that recently the driver's side seat doesn't seem to be working to full capacity. I remember it getting really warm last winter but this winter it seems to get luke-warm at best. The car was in at the dealer for something else the other day and I asked them to check it out however they said there was no problem :shrug:

Anyone else experienced this problem or know what it could be?

whoa wait, we have heated seats in our cars? i didnt know that not that i need it much in South FL.

Yes it's part of the "Comfort Group" package. I ordered it on my 08 and love it. It also includes a power passenger seat and heat in both front seats. It only has one heat setting though, unlike in the trucks etc that have a high and low setting. Mine seems to heat up like gangbusters for about 5 mins and then cool down a little before shutting off after 10 minutes. It is really nice to have with leather seats on cool mornings! :D

yup, my only gets lukewarm. It is enough to warm up the leather on a cold day, so you dont freeze your arse. I guess NOT freezing would meet the definition of comfort, but my seat warmers are by no means warm. Compared to my VW golf TDI, those seats get baking hot, I love it. Sometimes I drive around on a cold day with the windows down and the seat at full heat.. good times. The golf does have the stang beat on comfort.

I am wondering, has anyone done a mod to improve the heat? Probably you could just go in and remove some padding, or remove a resistor in the circuit....