Hedman Headers

DE-03GT

Nov 23, 2003
WNY
Anybody use these? PArt #88690 P.A.W. has them for $229, listed for 96-99 4.6L, would they work 00-04? I'm sure there not coated with anything. Heck of a lot cheaper than the other brands available.

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered heddmans a few weeks back (they were on back order) they should be here at the end of the week and we're putting them on next week. I'll take some pics of the install and stuff with a full report. They'll be put up with a dr.gas x and edelbrock catback :)

the headers are made extremely cheap. They have extremely thin walls and you can about bend them by hand when they are warmed up. I would recommened staying away from them and just spend a little more on the Mac's atleast. A buddy of mine tried the Hedmans out and ended up taking them off within a month because they were so cheap and leaked pretty bad. If your going to spend $229 or so, then why not just spend the extra $80 or so it costs to get the Mac's? Ive had my Mac headers for almost a year now and have no rust at all(although im in south carolina) Also from what ive seen the Mac's produce the most power of any of the longtubes avaiable.

millatime said:
I say go with the hookers b/c with the macs and the bbks you will have a big headache when you have to do transmisson work or clutch work

if i remember correctly the BBK's dont have to be taken off when changing the clutch or messing with the tranny. Now the Mac's like i have on the other hand have to come out. I tried all i could when my clutch went out last time but it still wouldnt work. The passenger side header has to come all the way off. You dont need to touch the drivers side. The easiest way is to just drop the K member right to the floor so you have plenty of room. Then take the header off and do the clutch. Then resinstall header and bring the K member back up into place. Its really not that big of a hassle like people make it out to be. It took me about 4 hours to do all of that last time i had to change the clutch. If you dont know what you doing though then i woudlnt recommend trying it yourself.