Hell yeah Im drunk tonight

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
:D :SNSign: Had a couple beers, a jager bomb and some tic-tacs, whatever the **** those are. Then I rode home in my stang, which I was smart enought to let my sober cousin drive me home in. I love my car, it kicks so much ass, and Im meeting this girl tomorrow to take her for a ride! I hope it works out, cuz she's hot as hell! She thinks Im cute and she loves my car, errr her car as she calls it :D

Anyways, I ran a new battery cable to the starter today (yesterday?), 1/0 guage, and ran a ground straight from the battery to the starter. It starts right up now, no more having to jump/push it after cruising! Im soooooooo happy with that, and it even seems to be running better now too! Hell yeah! Too bad Im probably gonna park it for the winter in a week or two :(

• Sponsors (?)

Low-5.0 said:
Anyways, I ran a new battery cable to the starter today (yesterday?), 1/0 guage, and ran a ground straight from the battery to the starter. It starts right up now, no more having to jump/push it after cruising! Im soooooooo happy with that, and it even seems to be running better now too! Hell yeah! Too bad Im probably gonna park it for the winter in a week or two :(

What problems were you having starting it? After driving for a bit, once the motor warms up, mine won't hardly start. It cranks fine for a few seconds, but then it slows and cranks real slowly. Sometimes it won't even start, and it will trip the alarm. I'm gonna run another ground cable to see if it helps, since I think I have a bad ground somewhere.

my friends 89 5.0 does the same thing when it gets hot. and when he doesn't drive it for a while the battery loses power what can he do to fix it?

Yeah, after the car got hot it would barely roll over and drain the battery real fast. Now it starts better when it's hot than when it's cold! :D

My battery's in the trunk and I had 4ga power wire ran from the batt to the power distribution box(fuse box), and an 8ga ground wire bolted to one of the tail lights (LOL). Now I have 1/0 welding cable straight to the starter, and I used the old 4ga power wire as a ground directly to starter. All starting problems are gone, but it's still not charging like it should. Replacing the alternator cable should help that.

Low-5.0 said:
:D :SNSign: Had a couple beers, a jager bomb and some tic-tacs, whatever the **** those are. Then I rode home in my stang, which I was smart enought to let my sober cousin drive me home in. I love my car, it kicks so much ass, and Im meeting this girl tomorrow to take her for a ride! I hope it works out, cuz she's hot as hell! She thinks Im cute and she loves my car, errr her car as she calls it :D

A tictac is half Absolut Mandarin and half RedBull.

- former bartender