Hello everyone!

Arkham

Dec 17, 2004
Hey guys.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been a longtime mustang fan (Tho I must confess, i started getting interested in it from the WZ song "Black Sunshine"). I have drooled over them for a while, but never could afford to get one until recently. Now that I have a good job, and am unmarried still, I finaly have savings for a new '05 GT. Right now I won't be buying, probably in April or May. Would people say those are good months to buy, or should I wait a month or two for the '06 to come out?

Anyways, i am going to mostly lurk and read the forums for a while. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Hello and welcome.

Im new here too. Ive made 1 post prior to this but did not introduce myself.
I have been reading/lurking for quite some time. Im 28 live in San Diego, CA
my love affair w/ the mustang started when i was 16 my first car was a 67
w/200ci strait 6 and a c4 tranny :bang: more primer & rust than paint LOL. I still have her, shes a project on the back burner, w/ a 302 on my engine stand.

I bleed ford blue but I respect Brand X also. My 05 is going to be my daily driver ordered it last week 05 GT premium Min. Grey/ dark charcoal,manual tranny, IUP,spoiler delete, bullit wheels. thanks to the senior members for all the great info.

peace :flag:

God Bless thoses who serve! :flag:

Arkham said:
Hey guys.

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I've been a longtime mustang fan (Tho I must confess, i started getting interested in it from the WZ song "Black Sunshine"). I have drooled over them for a while, but never could afford to get one until recently. Now that I have a good job, and am unmarried still, I finaly have savings for a new '05 GT. Right now I won't be buying, probably in April or May. Would people say those are good months to buy, or should I wait a month or two for the '06 to come out?

Anyways, i am going to mostly lurk and read the forums for a while. :)

Welcome! This is my point of view. If you're going to wait until then to get one, I'd probably just wait a few more months and see what '06 brings. Here is why. First off, it gives you a few more months to see what kinds of problems there are with the '05's (if any). Secondly, it will give you an opportunity to see if Ford gives the '06 more power, or some other option (not likely to happen since it's a brand new car, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened). Third, if there aren't any changes in the '06, there will still be some '05's left on the lot and you will likely get a little better deal on them. Just my $.02.

DJsZincGT said:
Welcome! This is my point of view. If you're going to wait until then to get one, I'd probably just wait a few more months and see what '06 brings. Here is why. First off, it gives you a few more months to see what kinds of problems there are with the '05's (if any). Secondly, it will give you an opportunity to see if Ford gives the '06 more power, or some other option (not likely to happen since it's a brand new car, but it wouldn't be the first time it happened). Third, if there aren't any changes in the '06, there will still be some '05's left on the lot and you will likely get a little better deal on them. Just my $.02.

I was thinking that too. Really it depends where I live in long Island. If i move to an area where I can get by for several months without a car I will do that, if not I may have to suck it up and get one. When generaly does Ford release the new year's models? July and August, isnt it? If my purchase period is may, i can probably wait a few more months.

Arkham said:
I was thinking that too. Really it depends where I live in long Island. If i move to an area where I can get by for several months without a car I will do that, if not I may have to suck it up and get one. When generaly does Ford release the new year's models? July and August, isnt it? If my purchase period is may, i can probably wait a few more months.

correct somewhere in aug. maybe early sept.