Hello traction!

Those tires will make you change lanes in the rain, better take it slow. Also they will hook if you get them really hot and don't drop the air pressure too much. I ran the 275's and they hooked the best when I ran right behind a pro mod that laid down some fresh rubber.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man, I am serious those tires are not suitable for a daily driver. If you drive them in the rain you will wreck. Although Nittos are the best DRs to use in the rain none of them can be considered ANY WHERE NEAR safe to drive in the rain. Also, the Nittos tend to wear very fast so even if they are almost barely acceptable in the rain when new they will quickly become completely worthless in the rain.

I am serious as a heart attack when I tell you that you are making a huge mistake putting those on a DD.

Those drag radials suck in the rain. Take it easy so you don't slide off the road. Just becareful that's all. I actually drove with those in the snow. It was no fun. This was on my 98' when I lived in NJ. Congrats on the purchase though!

lol you kill me killy

those guys did not change driving habits for the rain. you should do that no matter the tire, but yes with these extra care is needed. like I have said before. 3 years daily driving on nittos in South louisiana where it rains 3 days a week.

lol you kill me killy

those guys did not change driving habits for the rain. you should do that no matter the tire, but yes with these extra care is needed. like I have said before. 3 years daily driving on nittos in South louisiana where it rains 3 days a week.
Young guys tend the think they are invincible and can do risky things like run DRs in the rain with no consequences.

Old guys like myself realize that life is too short to take such unneccessary risks.

It is not a question of if you will hydroplane and wreck, it is simply a question of when :bang:

Hey man, I am serious those tires are not suitable for a daily driver. If you drive them in the rain you will wreck. Although Nittos are the best DRs to use in the rain none of them can be considered ANY WHERE NEAR safe to drive in the rain. Also, the Nittos tend to wear very fast so even if they are almost barely acceptable in the rain when new they will quickly become completely worthless in the rain.

I am serious as a heart attack when I tell you that you are making a huge mistake putting those on a DD.

I've had 315 BFG Drag Radials on my daily driver (15,000 miles a year) for the last year. As long as you realize you have drag radials on the rear and don't drive like an idiot in the rain, then you will be ok. If its drizzling they're never a problem, but if its a decent rain, you won't find me far above 50mph. Just be smart and you will be alright.

I drive w/ 315 BFG drag radials every day. And every day I pray it doesnt rain.

Both sides of the arguement are valid. You can drive with them in the rain but you must be very careful. Keep the rpms down, and I wouldnt go over 50 in any steady rain.

Even then, the elements for an accident are present.

Somehow Ive been very lucky and only been caught in a decent rain 2 or 3 times. I used to take my red GT when I knew it was raining or there is a chance of rain. But now that its gone, Im saving my pennies for a set of KDW2s.

Young guys tend the think they are invincible and can do risky things like run DRs in the rain with no consequences.

Old guys like myself realize that life is too short to take such unneccessary risks.

It is not a question of if you will hydroplane and wreck, it is simply a question of when :bang:
This is why I loves me some 295 KDW IIs :banana:

I honestly haven't hydroplaned once since I've had these on...and I've gone through some crazy puddles!