Help! 1995 MUSTANG GT 5.0 won’t start after install

Help! 1995 mustang gt does not turn on after installing throttle body and CAI. When key is turned to the ON position, the check engine light does not come on. I have heard it could be a failed PCM. How could a PCM fail while/after this type of install?!? Instead… Could this be associated with the mass air flow sensor or TFI since I was touching and working with these connections. Could these prevent the car from starting?

I have rechecked all connections dozens of times. Fuel is at 3/4, battery is at 85%, and throttle body has been tested before installing CAI.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4703.jpeg
    IMG_4703.jpeg
    742.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4704.jpeg
    IMG_4704.jpeg
    719.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4702.jpeg
    IMG_4702.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4670.jpeg
    IMG_4670.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Sponsors (?)

Help! 1995 mustang gt does not turn on after installing throttle body and CAI. When key is turned to the ON position, the check engine light does not come on. I have heard it could be a failed PCM. How could a PCM fail while/after this type of install?!? Instead… Could this be associated with the mass air flow sensor or TFI since I was touching and working with these connections. Could these prevent the car from starting?

I have rechecked all connections dozens of times. Fuel is at 3/4, battery is at 85%, and throttle body has been tested before installing CAI.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Cranks but no start situation?
Have you tried starting fluid?
I have tried starter fluid. I after I tried I realized the CEL isn’t coming on when the key is in the on position. I think it’s the TFI. I’m going to replace that. Fingers crossed. But one note the TFI in my car looks different that what LMR sells. Hmmm maybe it’s just original old one vs. new one.

Attachments

• IMG_4722.jpeg
    IMG_4722.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4721.png
    IMG_4721.png
    592.8 KB · Views: 29
I have tried starter fluid. I after I tried I realized the CEL isn’t coming on when the key is in the on position. I think it’s the TFI. I’m going to replace that. Fingers crossed. But one note the TFI in my car looks different that what LMR sells. Hmmm maybe it’s just original old one vs. new one.
I put the old throttle body back on it fired right up. :leghump: SR 75 mm throttle body. It looks beautiful but doesn’t work. I might be missing something but that’s for another day