Help!! 96 Cobra Overheating Problems!!

FLSVTCobra

Jan 21, 2009
I just got done rebuilding the bottom end of my 96 SVT Cobra. It was bored 0.20 over and stuffed with forged internals. While I was at it I deleted the EGR system. The motor runs smooth but after about 5-10 minutes of driving the temperature rises and it overheats. I replaced the thermostat and checked the water pump. The coolant seems to be circulating through out the motor. Do you guys have any suggestions to my problem? Do you think it has anything to do with the EGR system being deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

no the egr system is not your problem. if you repalced thermostat already my next idea would be that you have air in the system.....or the bad news would be you have a defective or badly installed head gasket, but we won't go that way yet. try this....jack the back of your car up as high as you can without messing anything up of course. now fill your radiator and run your motor. watch your temp gauge to make sure it doesn't overheat and rev it to 2,000 or 2,500 rpms in 1 min. intervals. then let it idle back down for 15 sec. and do it again. try this and see what happens and report back plz. :SNSign: good luck!