HELP! Clutch install is going bad!!!

Designie

Jun 15, 2006
I am replacing my clutch because I fried the TO bearing. I have a T-56 and I am installing a King Cobra clutch. I mounted the clutch to the flywheel (using the alignment tool), then the bellhousing. I am trying to get the transmission onto the bellhousing and I can't get it to mate up to the bellhousing. I can get in pushed in most of the way, but it just WON'T go the last 1/2".

On the T-56 there are two small dowel pins that line up the trans to the bellhousing. It looks like when one dowel is lined up, the other one is not lined up. Could the disc have moved? Or maybe it wasn't lined up accurately enough? It almost seems like it will not go into the pilot bearing. I'm at a loss. Something seems out of whack.

:shrug: :mad:

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

Its possible it could have moved , look in there and see if its still centered , maybe try re-centering it with the alignment tool . You can also have someone push in the clutch and sometimes that will help it slide in .

Good luck

I have to put in a new cable anyways, I'll try that. I figure if the disc could just float, then it should be easy to line up the TO bearing and the pilot bearing.

Thanks! :nice: