Help FAST: B cam and speed density. can it be done???

I have a stock 87GT with 96K on it.. My father is going to buy the B303 cam, lifters, pushrods, valvesprings and gaskets.... Will i have the SLIGHTEST chance of it running right if i just do the swap (take old cam out.. put new one in).... Heads and intake are stock for now...if i can get it to run right, ill leave it... But later down the road when i rebuild the motor and put a set of heads on it, i will swap to mass air... but for now.. is this dooable??? I heard its a 50/50 hit or miss with this cam.. Ide like to hear from people that done it with success or failure.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The B cam can be had for less than some aftermarket cams, but don't buy one that could lead to problems - you'll regret it. Here is a graphic of some cams that are SD compatible. Comp Cmas are in orange and Crowers are in blue.

I had a b303 in my speed density car for 3 years with now dirve ability problems. You will have to play with it. If I rember right I had the timing at 14* and, the rpms at about 900 -1000. A little high yes I know but no one know that there was a cam it that car. So yes I say it would work.

tmoss said:
image didn't attach..............

Thanks.. I know a decent deal of which cams work with SD anbd which dont and why they dont.. I was just wondering this because i WILL have a decent heads cam intake combo which will be followed.....

AFR 165's, performer RPM intake and B cam... by that time, i WILL be mass air... i was just wondering if i do the cam, i can get it to work for the time being..

This is a dumb way of thinking, but the way i see it.. Im spending all this money on my motor, i at least when that cam to lope BIGTIME!! Im not all about the sleeper look.. If i buy a cam, i want that ***** to lope! If i buy a blower, that better WHINE!!! My cousin has a B cam in his notch and the power after 3500 is sweet!! pulls damn hard up to 6800 and not to mention has the idle that i love!

i did this years ago too. it works but you will run just a little richer. also play with your timing and i would have at least 3.73gears.

the best thing to do is after you install it run the car @ WOT as many times it takes for the computer to learn it will learn faster this way usually 4-5 times up and down the street.

also if it still isnt idling i have another trick let me know what happends.