HELP! how do i fix my power window

aub02GTconv

May 30, 2003
South Jersey
My window is stuck down on drivers side. There is power going to the switch, you can here the motor respond when you press down, but it won't go up.
I have the interior door panel off, and I took the speaker out, but I still can't
seem to get to the motor... i can fell it but it's so awkward trying to reach it...
what do i do... i don't feel like going to ford and paying out my ass to have this fixed.

can I pull my window up somehow without breaking it? this sucks.

• Sponsors (?)

Yah, just had the same problem in my wife's Mountaineer. he window wont stay up (it drops a tad from fully closed), you can hear the motor running, and the window doesnt move. I am going to pull the door panels off later, but I'm thinking the window might be off a track?

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Any input is helpful and thanks!

the convertble has a very weak system & the motor if bad is not all that easy to get out you might try a shop where they change broken windows make a few calls if the weather doesnt look like rain & you can get shop its worth the money if with in reason ! some shops make road calls explain the problem times are tough & there is always a guy who is looking for side work ...good luck