Help!!! I lost my gas cap!

Eos

Oh Heather Oh yeah... I want your pink taco
Jun 13, 2003
oklahoma
Well I was filling the mustang up last night and talking to a friend. And I wasn't paying attention and I forgot to put the cap back on. :damnit: :damnit: :damnit: I went back to try to find it and I didn't Anyone have a spare hanging around? :shrug: I need another ASAP! Thanks guys!!

• Sponsors (?)

Eos said:
Thanks, are gas caps the same for all years? Does that gas cap look pretty nice?
should be but don't take my word for it. Parts stores list 'em as the same, but then again look at the mystery 302 motor mounts...

as for looks, the locking cap looks like a$$ but solved the mystery of the missing gas ( I "knew" where it was going, just no way to prove it , damn dirtbag neighbor) picture a big hunk of silver in the middle of your quarter panel, they also have the standerd non locking caps that probably look just like the one you lost.
RG759PKG.jpg

RG733PKG.jpg

and another Happy B-day to ya

if you get the non-locking one you can remove the retarded lawyer warning from it and make it look much better. There are two screws that hold the handle part on, remove them and take the warning piece off. Put handle back on and wala... stock cap! :)

Wart said:
And if you smoke don't throw your butts out the window.

Funny thing... most the cars I see with rags where the cap was are individuals who smoke. I wonder if it ever struck them what might happen as they toss a butt out the winder. Of course, consider their replacement gas cap as a trace of their intelligence too.... :chair: