Help! I'm Stumped

FoxBodyBen

Feb 18, 2014
I know I'm getting spark. I know I'm not 180 degrees off on the distributor. When I pull the spark plugs they're all dry, no fuel on them. When I have the key in the on position and hand turn the motor I can hear the injectors pulse (if that makes sense), I've sprayed starting fuel and propane directly in the throttle body and it still doesn't try and start. I pulled the upper and sprayed starting fuel in two cylinders, I soaked them, still nothing. It'll turn over but will not try and start. What the hell is going on? 90 5.0.

This all started when I put on a tubular GT 40 upper and lower, used 70mm throttle body, new throttle body spacer, new throttle position sensor, used low mileage 38lb injectors with used MAF (doesn't try and start when I threw stock MAF on), and new cold air intake.

• Sponsors (?)

I've owned multiple mustangs and mustang parts in my life. The one thing I've hung on to is my Procharger D1SC. I'm throwing it on once I get everything dialed in.

Reactions: 1 user
if you are getting fuel, compression, and spark all at the right time, the engine should run. so first determine if you are getting fuel or not. then determine if you are getting a spark or not, then determine if they are getting together at the right time. is this a rebuilt motor? has it run after the rebuild? another issue might be valve timing.

Ran great before I did the swap.

Pulled two seperate plugs and set them on the block while I cranked the motor and they had good strong spark. But the plugs are dry when I pull them. Like I said in my post, I've sprayed starting fluid directly into the throttle body and it still didn't try and fire. I pulled the upper and sprayed starting fluid into two cylinders and it still wouldn't try and fire.

Yes. My buddy and I checked it Multiple times. We're not certified master mechanics but we both have plenty of wrench time. I did have a mobile mechanic come out to verify the distributor is on and it was. We also swapped the firing order on the plug wires 180 degrees to verify we were on or off and still nothing

I know you are hearing the injectors but are they pumping fuel? Is the fuel pump priming when you click to on? Is there any tape or packing inside the upper or even lower intake that you may have missed?

Try swapping back to 19lb injectors or whatever you had before since you know they worked before.

if every thing is good like you said,then like old blue said,you can hear the injectors pulse,but maybe the fuel pumps not primiing?

Last edited: