Help me build a sound system for a foxbody vert

Just my opinion but decent sound (especially asking for more bass) equals aftermarket amp. It's just not going to be very good without one. Again, my thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

^^Agreed^^
I am only just starting mine but I've always had a system in my car's.
Had a Cobalt SS/SC that was all Digital Designs that hit 142 when back when but that was many moons ago
I have a leak in my drivers side back window so since I had to pull the whole interior out I figured now is good time to Dynamat.
I haven't made up my mind on a HU yet but I have a set of Focal 6.5's for the front which I'm making fiberglass pods for.
Then I'm going with 2 8" Sundown XV.48's
I'm going to build the box in the area where the bars are that hold the trunk up (I'll have to switch to hydraulic) and then go with 2 round ports and extend them up into the cabin through the existing holes for the 6x8's in the deck lid. Box will be tuned to 32-33 hz
I have a CAB 22 to run the subs and an CAB 44.4 to run the front end.
As for the HU... IDK its been a while since I've had a car that actually allowed me to replace the HU so Ill have to shop around
Something Double din and has to have 5 v preouts.
I've also ordered a 240 amp Alt from Mechman and debated going Lithium for a battery but I'll probably just go with a Northstar AGM or sorry Odyssey (Northstars Canadian counterpart) because you can't get NorthStar up here in the great white north
I probably wont even be able to hear it over the sound of the engine though but I've got all winter to put it in

Hey, sorry to bump an older post. I hat would you suggest to use when mounting speakers in different sized holes like you did with the rear speakers? I plan to do something similar as well as run tweeters in my dash but unsure what to use to mount the speaker

Note sure if you’re still looking for info, but I just installed a whole system in mine, and replaced the 3.5s in the dash with component tweeters. I made a bridge using a 1/4” piece of plexiglass, drilled a hole in the middle for the tweeter, and screwed the bridge into the dash hole using the 2 existing screw locations.