help me decide-T5 swap or Bigger stall

95mustang_gt

Mar 30, 2005
Wisconsin
Im still debationg if i should go along witht the t5 or just get a bigger stall converter.I almost got all the parts i need to get the t5 in the car.But the auto sure is nice and i bet its a lot better with a stall conveter.The mods i got done so far are in my sig.If i went to a stall i was going to go with a 3200 stall converter from edge.Next year when i get my taxes a blower will be going on for sure.How hard will the t5 swap be.I do have a lift at work i can use to do the swap.So let me know what you guys think

thanks
Jesse

• Sponsors (?)

the automatic or t5 wont last long behind a h/c/i and supercharger
you should get a built auto or a built 5 speed such as a tko600 or gforce t5

my friend has a stalled aode with jerry modded 4r70w and its fun to drive and shifts hard, but the stall gets annoying putt putting around

then again i did a 5 speed swap, and my 5 speed can get annoying putt putting around traffic also :)

as many will tell you, its all what u want out of the car... if u like the auto, keep the auto, if you want to shift, put in the t-5. the swap is VERY easy considering it is a pretty serious job( changing what actually makes your car move...) i personally did the t-5 swap and never regret doing so, its just so much more fun, and it feels like i gained a bunch of HP with the gearing advantage, weight loss, more predictable road manners, and less actual HP loss at the wheels. but then again, if you are throwing a blower on, a t-5 wont hold up and then you are spending some serious bucks either way. look at what it would actually cost you to upgrade to either a tko or another upgraded auto and then see if that will sway your opinion on what to do. good luck and if you do plan on swapping to a stick, its really easy and i wouldnt be the least bit hesitant to do one all over again. :SNSign: