Help me decide what to do....

68stang351

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
Savoy TX
....about a five lug swap. I have a 98 parts car, so I have everything. But I'm trying to decide which of these options I should go with.

1. Throw on some MarkVII rotors, the 98 axle shafts and some drums, and be done with it.

2. Use the complete front spindle/hub assemblies from the 98, and the axle shafts as well.

If I go with option 1, I will eventually go ahead later and do option 2 anyways.
I'm kind of hesitant to go with option 2 right now because I just put new struts on and had it aligned. If I go with option 2, I will need re-alignment and need to bleed brakes.

Well I just remembered that I am putting the axles in the built 8.8 on the stand and not the current rear end, so I will need to bleed the brakes anyway from putting the different rear end under the car.

So either way I will need new drums, bleed brakes (because I'm also changing the rear end at the same time).

So maybe I should go ahead and do option 2? I dunno I'm confused, someone help me.

BTW, I was going to run the stock 98 V6 wheels temporarily until I get 03 cobra wheels. I haven't decided whether or not to use 03 Cobra wheels on the fox or put them on my 04 and put my 04 Bullitts on the fox. Its a red GT?

• Sponsors (?)