Help Me With My Cooling Issue!!!!

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
Ok, i have a Major Issue on My hands and need some Help....

Just so you know, my Autometer Temp gauge is reading off driver's side Drain Plug in the Block.

So today i go for a 20 Miles drive on the Freeway. I drove the entire drive at 90MPH and was just below 3K RPMs

As i drove i noticed the gauge got almost to 250 Yet my stock gauge didnt move. Once i reached my destination the Autometer gauge was still at 240ish so i popped my hood and opened the Overflow Tank just to find out that the coolant in the overflow tank was not even Hot....it was just warm. I was able to stick my finger inside the coolant and it didnt even hurt me....This made me worry. I then drove home and the same thing happened, Autometer gauge said 240 and when i got home the coolant in the Tank was just "Warm".... I wouldnt even consider it Hot because i could stock my finger in it.

So i starting thinking what it could be and i could only think if 1 thing..... The T-Stat!! Could all this BS be caused by the T-Stat. The only thing i could think of is that the T-Stat isnt Opening enough so the coolant in the motor is getting REALLY hot (Hence the Autometer gauge showing it because its reading from the block).

So Is My T-Stat Stuck Open or Is there another Issue at hand?

• Sponsors (?)

Definatly possible the t-stat is sticking partially closed.

If it happens again, check the hoses and see if the lower seems extra pressurized, and see if the upper seems under pressurized.

I had that same issue it was my T-stat it got stuck open a lot and closed a lot. and it always ran cold or very hot. I went ahead and replaced it and runs great now. I also had to replce my intake manifold it was cracked and the old owner used house water plumbing pipe as the temp guage sensor out let. where the sensor screwed into. Got that all fixed too. T-stats are not expensive so just replace it.

SOLUTION

Purchased a new stock T-Stock and gasket from Ford. Before installed the new T-stat i test both in boiling water...the Original T-Stat BARLEY even cracked while the new one open wide....so that was the issue.

Ordered a Mushimoto Aluminum Radiator to help out :nice: