HELP PLEASE

nodawg777

Sep 2, 2009
hey everyone i am new to the forums so i apologize if i posted this in the wrong section. i am buying my first car (a mustang of course :nice: ) anyways the one i am going to check out has these specs and i was wondering what you guys think a fair price is for this car, given these bad economic times. here are the specs and thanks in advance

2000 mustang gt (4.6L V8) black with black leather interior, 90k miles, stick shift, power everything and sun roof, UPGRADES:Fully redone sound system, new Sony headunit (CD/mp3/iPod input) with Infinity speakers all around
JLT cold air intake
Flowmaster catback
Mach 1 Springs
iPod/iPhone integration kit with steering wheel mounted remote

he is the 2nd owner, just replaced the intake manifold and did fluids and spark plugs, and cleaned fuel injectors.

thank you all in advance for your time and opinions. also any advice on what to look for when i'm examining the car would be great. thanks again

• Sponsors (?)

none of the mods add value, if that's what you are asking. They may make you want the car more, but it's still a 99 with 90K on it. The sun roof is aftermarket, so expect it to leak (not saying it does, just as a buyer expect it will.).

That said, sounds good to me if it is clean inside and out. Better to pay top dollar for a used car that is solid than bottom dollar for a money pit. And better to pay what you think it is worth to you than worry about making your money back on resale.

Just remember that Mustangs are dime a dozen, especially in Cali. If the price is too high, take a pass. Another will be along in five minutes. But black with black leather and a stick is kind of rare, and my personal pick. Just don't pay top dollar for 90K on the clock. Especially if the body or interior is not perfect. Be nitpicky, especially if he thinks the stereo adds value. It's got 90 thousand miles on it. That'll get you around the world almost four times. A couple more grand will get you one with 60K or less.

thanks for the help, the sunroof is aftermarket? i did not know that, but you made some very good points and i definitely won't pay if it cost to much because as you said they are a dime a dozen, i am curious though how you would argue with him that the mods don't add value since his argument is that they do and thats why he is asking his price, thanks