Help with fuel line to rail connection

68converted

Nov 19, 2003
Colorado
Hi Guys,
I am at the last stage and I cannot remember which line to connect were? So lets eliminate one. LOL Which fuel rail line is fed from the fuel pump?

Thanks for the help, I am hoping to have this 3 1/2 year project started on Saturday.

• Sponsors (?)

i was serious, i thought you had them connected at the fuel pump already

Oh sorry, I know which is the supply and return from the tank and pump, just don't know which to connect where on the fuel rail.

Does the fuel pressure regulator, regulate the pressure going to the rail or is does it hold back the pressure before dumping to the return.

Does that make sense? I can't find a line routing diagram anywhere? Arrrgggg

everything before the regulator is feed (pressurized) everything after is return (little to no pressure)

so basically the regulator just holds fuel back until the pressure gets to a certain point then starts bleeding it into the return line, this way all the injectors have a constant pressure at the inlet

everything before the regulator is feed (pressurized) everything after is return (little to no pressure)

so basically the regulator just holds fuel back until the pressure gets to a certain point then starts bleeding it into the return line, this way all the injectors have a constant pressure at the inlet

Thank you for the help. I finally found a cutaway graphic of the OEM regulator, that let me determine where to connect in. Hopefully I can start this thing on Saturday.