Help with locating a sensor

Blackone51

Oct 30, 2008
Does anyone know where the DPFE EGR pressure sensor is located on a 1998 mustang gt is located? Does anyone have a top of the engine view on the same car, with parts pointed out?? Would be greatly appreciated:)

• Sponsors (?)

The egr sensor is located on the right side of the upper plenun (driver side) Its obvious for you as there is a tube running to it from the exhaust.

thats correct if he wanted the EGR valve. he needs the DPFE, its on a bracket over hte drivers side valve cover by the firewall. the old version is metal and the updated version is black plastic. it has an electrical connector and 2 vacuum lines running to it.

thats correct if he wanted the EGR valve. he needs the DPFE, its on a bracket over hte drivers side valve cover by the firewall. the old version is metal and the updated version is black plastic. it has an electrical connector and 2 vacuum lines running to it.

Thats what I am looking for:nice: Thanks a lot!!!

:hail2:

My bad. I skimmed his post and didn't catch that. It SHOULD be black on a 98. The two 98's in my driveway are both black.

This is what the sensor looks like!

This is what the sensor looks like. Driver side rear of engine near the firewall. Good luck, Tommy.

2001GTMustangEGRPressureDifferentia.jpg

This is what the sensor looks like. Driver side rear of engine near the firewall. Good luck, Tommy.

2001GTMustangEGRPressureDifferentia.jpg

Wow this was totally unplugged:nonono: I guess when I did my head/intake/cam swap this was missed. My girlfriends dad and son helped me with the swap and they just started tearing stuff apart, where I was tagging everything. They had the drivers side:mad: Could I have hurt anything by running without the sensor for about five months? It seems like the sound started after I had my bassani exhaust installed couple weeks ago, and I checked for exhaust leaks it's all good tho. My plugs were whiteish and had deposits and they were installed 5 months ago. I also was backfiring one day but only did it twice and have not done it since I stopped driving it. Does this mean I'm running lean?