Help with rear drum brakes.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you get a new spring set when you replaced the shoes? A manual will help you out a lot, you should pick on up from the store next time ya go. They have diagrams in them that show you the proper way to put them on.

Dan

last time i checked it was near the bottom it looks like a crayon with a gear on it or somthing simular... it goes inbetween the notichs in the rear pads i belive... I may be wrong but i would check it out . I havent done them in a long while but for some reason thats all i can remember. Also if you leave it loose they adjust automaticaly i think. dont quote me but like Dan said i would get a manual or go to ford and they will print you one out . Andy

MyCARneedsHelp said:
last time i checked it was near the bottom it looks like a crayon with a gear on it or somthing simular... it goes inbetween the notichs in the rear pads i belive... I may be wrong but i would check it out . I havent done them in a long while but for some reason thats all i can remember. Also if you leave it loose they adjust automaticaly i think. dont quote me but like Dan said i would get a manual or go to ford and they will print you one out . Andy
Looks like I will be needed a new emergency brake cable :rolleyes: Anyways, I got the drums on. The adjuster was froze.