Help with user id !!

jasonn

Founding Member
Sep 26, 2002
By Rochester MN
Just wondering. I changed my email, so I changed it in my user cp in this and a few other forums that I am on. Well now I cannot post anything anymore. Just says I have no authorization to do anything. So I created this user id just to get back in and post but I want to still use my old name. Did I mess something up in the user cp?? :shrug: Please help!!

I reset the email account for the jasonn account back on the 30th.

Attempt to log in a jasonn
when it fails, request to have your password resent to you.
Input your username and current email address
check your email for the password

Well, I tried it. Got the new password and reset it to my old one. I can log in but I just can't post anything. Nothing has changed! :mad: This is the message I get when I try to post a new thread.

jasonn, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Got any ideas???

I merged both of your user accounts and then changed the name to jasonn.

This should take all of the new account priveledges with all of your old information such as post count, etc.

If this did not work, you should throw your computer in the trash and never touch the interweb.

Hey!!!! It worked!!!!! I am now posting under my jasonn username. This is great! Tylers65 - Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate that. Do you happen to know what I did to create this mess? Just wondering so I don't do it again lol. Like I said, I thought all I did was change email address but who knows. Again, thanks much!! :hail2: