Help with what is stock and what's not... pics!

billison

I like tinted tail
15 Year Member
Feb 27, 2006
stl
ok, my 92 has had work done to it but i'm not sure what all for sure, i don't have access to the owner who did the work and the last guy was a chevy guy..

the obvious things are the msd wire and cap set, best i can tell, the rest of the igniton is stock.

217.jpg

There is a cold air intake, not sure if anythng else with that was changed, i know the "maf" can be changed, i did'nt get a very good pic of the unit.

maf.jpg

I was told the injectors are not original...

223-1.jpg

222.jpg

was also told the headers were aftermarket

221.jpg

and some over all shots

engine.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

gotta clean up these wires...

216.jpg

Just trying to know for sure what it's got and what it don't.

Attachments

• 217.jpg
    217.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 85
  • maf.jpg
    maf.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 223-1.jpg
    223-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 73
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 215.jpg
    215.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 216.jpg
    216.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Sponsors (?)

looks like an aftermarket housing, possible a c&l as its using the factory maf harness and plug. cold air, who knows, it does literally nothing anyways. the ignition is stock minus the cap and rotor, again nearly nothing. and the headers are aftermarket

oh yeah and the injectors, if i remember right, and if theyre OEM ford like i think they are, are 14# injectors. I think crown vics and whatnot used them. those probably need to go.

really? why in the world would someone put in 14# injectors, would'nt there be a bunch of issues from them? I'll try to see what the maf says on it in a few.

I think you guys are a little color blind , those are really dull 24s hence the pro m meter for 24s , if it had 14s with a 24 meter it would run like chit!

I see gray, and have seen people do far dumber things. But it very well could be dirt or another brand. 24s would make the most sense. But how often do things make sense.

I see gray, and have seen people do far dumber things. But it very well could be dirt or another brand. 24s would make the most sense. But how often do things make sense.

his camera/cell is shading things a bit, but theyre blue. the big question though is......why? stock intake, hell the t/b looks stock, but the rest of the bay looks like a mess, so who knows.

I don't really think 24s are hurting anything , hell when my crank broke I put my stock motor in no smog no egr with elim plug and 24s with a meter and my car runs better then it ever did stock

Yea you have headers, injectors, and MAF. You're really not benefiting at all from those injectors but by no means are they hurting. They are a good foundation for future mods. The relay on the driver side next to the starter solenoid is not factory, neither are the curled up wires coming from it. I would trace it and see where it leads, has to be powering some kind of accessory. Probably aftermarket fog lights or a train horn :shrug: Dont worry about pulling the injectors, they are 24lbs, the car would run like absolute crap with a MAF calibrated for 24lbers running with something other than 24lb injectors, and they are definitely not the stock orange 19lbers.

they definitely look like faded blue injectors which would be 24# injectors. like toolow91 said, as well as a proflow maf calibrated for 24# injectors. looks like a generic cold air. can't tell on the headers. if they're bbk, they'll have a one piece flange and have a "bbk" plaque welded to one of the primaries on the driver's side. if they are individual flanges, then most likely they are MAC. could be some other brand as well, just giving you some ideas. there is a relay on the driver's side that isn't factory. trace it and see what it goes to. the rest looks to be completely stock.

and FYI, yellow top factory injectors are 19#'s