help!!!!!

rod_351

Founding Member
Dec 6, 2001
Wichita Falls, Texas
How in gods green earth do you get your car to idle at about 700 rpm just put my stock motor back in and it still idles at about 900 rpms. Have tried to reset idle but it gradually reaches 900 again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

ill toss this out just in case, based on your last post. each time you adjust the throttle stop, you have to check, and if necessary, readjust the tps. setting sounds good, though.
some have said that their computers wont let them set it (and keep it) low, around what it should be.
thats all i got. good luck.

rod_351 said:
what would happen if tps was set too low lets say .80
from what i have heard, not much. you would have to hit the gas a smidge further to get it to go as it used to. a fair number of folks have theirs set low like that (they never checked). just what i have heard.

Start car cold unplug IAC your car should drop to 700 Adjust TBS and the screw on the TB to make sure it is at 700 then pug in your Iac...Buy a Haynes and Chilton Manual at dicsount Auto or whatever you have Even Books A Million has the good book's

cold start. let run 90 seconds. Does idle step down from 1500 to 1100 to 900 ? OR does it go from 1500 to 900 with no step downs?

When at idle after 90 seconds unplug the IAB connector. There should be NO change to idle, if idle set correctly.

Check for unmetered air. THis could be unconnected vacuum hoses, gasket leaks on upper / lower plenums...etc. A common one is forgetting to plug in the PVC valve.

Keep us posted