HELP!!!!!!

ChrisYellowV6

Dec 25, 2003
Pensacola, FL
I just got my new insurance premium... $10,000 for my v6 stang and my moms 02 4 banger toyota rav 4!!!! My mom has a PERFECT, SPOTLESS driving record. I got T-boned by a 76 yr old last june for those who remember...for those who dont I was not at fault (he ran a red light).

Then for those who remember about me getting arrested this past fall, and for those who dont the cop said i was doing 125 in a 45....first off it was a 65, second off my car cant even do 125 lol...but i was doing about 85.

They raised the rates also for the wreck where I wasn't at fault in! Of course tomorrow i'm going insurance shopping to try and find lower prices...but doesnt this seem a little extreme for a reckless driving? I know people who had DUI's and theirs didnt go up that high!

And also...i've noticed a lot of the newer members are just creating flaming posts and i know that there will be a few of you jack@$$ses out there who think its funny but please dont. (yeah like thats gonna work)

• Sponsors (?)

you're still getting jammed in the rear on your premium. I'd definitely call them and try to work something out. You must have a really low deductible.

But I have seen cases where the insurance company will raise your rates after hitting deer, dogs, etc (no fault crashes). I'm with state auto insurance and they never raised my rates after a suburban (not my fault) and 2 raccoons that busted out my front bumper both times.

I pay way less. I am with AIC. but don't get me started on insureance nevermind you already did. What do I really think........

I think insureance is a load of crap that some rich money stealing @ssholes came up with and paid off every politician they had to until they made it a law. I hate how every insurance man tells me he can save me so much money, my responce is what would save me so much money is if I was not required by law to have it in the first place. I know you are thinking well if you get in an accident then what well I was in an accident and it was my fault. I slide in the rain and hit another car, I was not speeding, not drinking, and have never done drugs. It was a pure accident. Insurance companies don't know the meaning of that word. Going down hill 30MPH in a 45 zone hit brake hydoplaned and smacked the car at the bottom of the hill. Nobody was hurt but the lady in the car was shook up and went to hospital just to get check out anyway because I wanted her, I wanted to know she was ok I did the right thing, I did not want to find out later that I was responceable for any injurys or worse and she was ok.
Bottom Line I could have paid for all of her medical bills and bought her a brand new car of the same make and model out of my pocket for half of what I paid for insurance for the next 3 years.