Here are some pics of the turbo progress!

• Sponsors (?)

-=NightHawk=- said:
spray em with the walmart spray tint for cars? :shrug:

Spray tint for cars? Hmm never heard of that...but im not really worried about them anyways, its my parrents house. Although they may be interested...thanks!
Yes, I still live there...thats how I can afford this stuff :D

Copycat! :mad: I just got a Cobra R Hood, chin spoiler and grill delete! :mad:
Its okay, mine's nicer cuz its black. :nice: You'll have to drive down to HRP when its done or the new 1/4 mile track on the west side of Houston so you, me, and StreetStang can meet up :SNSign:

hotmustang331 said:
Yea thats the MGW gripper knob...man I LOVE it :hail2: . Came all packaged up very securely, also came with the allen wrench and some lock tite! Feels great, I highly reccomend that + they look amazing :nice:

awesome dude, thats what I thought. I've been considering getting one of them, to replace my solid billet ball knob but I wanted to hear some first hand experience (no pun intended). Did you get the GT engraved, or the running pony?

I got the running horse...I think it looks cleaner :nice: . Really looks like it belongs on the inside of the car :)

Dusstbuster, we are using a wire feed (MIG) welder. We are slightly concerned about the strength, as this type weld is SUPER hard, but also pretty brittle. We are going to heat treat it after we spray the ceremic (which relaxes the welds) and we are also going to support the entire system so the headers wont have any weight on them....hopefully everything will last for a LONG time.
Aluminum work was done by a friend of my dads...he used a tig welder.

hotmustang331 said:
GOTCHA! LOL I was wondering who would catch it first :lol: . Phone has some cool features...that one flips everything around somehow. Crazy, its pretty hard to get the picture right because I kept trying to point the phone in the wrong direction LOL. See post # 2 for real pics :D

idk if u said already but what kind of phone is it!!!?!?!?

looks awsome man, glad things are going pretty smooth for you. very lucky you can do all the work without having to pay someone else.:nice:

dude im anxious to see what you think of it when your done. cant wait to see what it dynos. it be pretty cool if you make a little vid of you driving it from the inside like last time. only this time with the TURBOS!!!!!:D

Just out of curiosity, how are you getting the car to MPH for a tune? Are you driving it there again? And how long do you think a stock shortblock will last running a twin turbo setup? (not trying to be an @ss, just curious)

I'd bet it could last quite awhile with a conservative tune. Get multiple tunes for it and then just get a switch to toggle between tunes, 1 for in town, 1 for some fun pulls, and 1 for the track.

Hot you've got me seriously considering a turbo setup, not sure if i'd go twins or a large single though...I can't afford it though nor do I have the means of affordably fabing all the piping. We have a mig welder but have flux core wire and no means of aluminum welding. Bah...who needs money...

So many things I want to get and you're not helping...2004 cobra, boosted forged 2v, jetski, snowmobile, etc etc. Anyone wanna lend me $100,000?

Thanks guys :) .

I really need a camera mount lol, man last time I could barely hang on...I would kill myself if I tried to hold it again LOL.

Yea we are going to drive it....1000 miles one way :( . So what I did, is I put the stock injectors back in....and ill be putting the stock MAF in for the way up there. So that way the tune is EXATCLY the same as before (no boost). Then we will get some sleep and go over to Tims about an hour and a half early and throw in the BA-2400 MAF and 42# injectors.

My goal is to get 100,000 miles on the motor at LEAST. @ like 52,000 now.

Oh yea, dusstbuster...we are using flux cored wire also. We took the aluminum to a guy we know for Tig welding. We didnt want to have to bother with gas.

02laserred2V, yep thanks to you I took the dive and actually upgraded something in the interior LOL. I was always scared because I didnt know how it would look haha.
Going to run 8PSI...and pretty much definate is at least 475RWHP. Unless Tim usues his amazing powers of speachcraft and talks me out of it LOL.

Benny, we actually designed the entire system to where we didnt have to move anything involving the AC....even that little loop clears...goes in between the pipes and isnt close.
But remember, our blower TO IC inlet pipes come over the top and dont go down like a blower or most turbo setups. Im not sure how you would clear it in that case...although im sure that silver2000saleen (?) would know. I suck at remembering names lol.

Thanks guys for the "props" :) .