Hesitation/surge cruising speed Downs upper

Joey7508

Oct 23, 2005
Kerrville TX
Same ol question with one difference. I have a surge/hesitation at cruising speed. Around or just under 2000 rpm. I ran diag. and got only code 31 which I had before this problem. No egr on my car. The car ran fine no problem until I swapped the upper intake this weekend. I had been running a explorer intake on my boss302 crate motor NA, and am getting ready to put my turbo back on so I swapped the upper to a Downs box. I check for vacuum leaks (vac. 13) and set every thing idle,tps,timing,fuel press,etc... It is still NA right now, and I am wondering if ti is just a problem with too much intake not enough runner causing this. I want to get all the little problems sorted before I go and get it tuned with the turbo. My combo at the moment is
302ci,gt40xheads,f303,gt40 lower downs upper,65mm tb,24# inject.,76mm C&L, 6 speed, 4.10 gears.
Do you think it is the box intake causing the surge or is it some other problem? I know it took alot of bottom end power off I expected that, but could it cause a surge?

• Sponsors (?)