Hey need a quick opinion on wheels and weather

Hey guys, i need a quick opinion....i have 2 18x9" chrome bullets on my car im waitin on the other other 2 but with the snow and stuff would it be bad to leave them on for a while while im workin on the car ,The car aint goin anywhere soon ...i thought maybe if i just covered them with garbage bags would that be ok? i would like to leave them on so i can check'em out and not lose hope that my stang will never see the road again

• Sponsors (?)

If its not gonna leave the garage then i dont see anything wrong with keepin them on. But theres no way i would drive with them in the snow because i would be affraid of gettin the salt off the road on them. And causing pottential to rust. :notnice: But thats just me im a neat freak when it comes to my car. :D

It's not the snow that fuggs em up...it's the salt. Snow is just water, but it's salt that get corrosive.

Now how much damage that would happen depends on how cheaply made the wheels are. Most Factory wheels are designed to resist to corrosive qualities of salt, but aftermarket companies don't really care that much about it. I've driven all winter on my polished and clearcoated Ford rims with no prob, but my buddy got stuck in one snowstorm with his fancy $2500 ricer rims and now he has damage from the salt. :)

The mustang is out in the driveway...see i live at my girlfriends house and there garage is packed full of junk cuz they dont like to throw stuff away...The wheels seem to be pretty high quality i bought them from 5.0 resto and they are "O.E. Concepts" wheels...now whats your guys opinions? :shrug:

EDIT:I would never drive in the snow on any kinda wheel thats not a stock ford wheel especially not a $300 a piece chrome wheel

TTT...To The Top, it's an attempt to put the thread higher up on the viewing page in order to get people to read the thread.

You won't have any problems with just snow, but just for assurance of mind I would take them off and put some ten holes or turbines on it while it sits! Nice wheels are more tempting to steal! At least I'm sure that's how thieves think!

Jakob