Heyoooo! I would really appreciate pics of Vert Bars!

• Sponsors (?)

I got my CDC light bar from Haney Motorsports. CDC is the best light bar out.

rear_side.jpg

pass%20side.JPG

pass%20side%20close.JPG

94CobraPace said:
I got my CDC light bar from Haney Motorsports. CDC is the best light bar out.

rear_side.jpg

pass%20side.JPG

pass%20side%20close.JPG

:nice:

Sold!

Lol! thanks gents, the bars are lookin sexy.

I dont mind the actual steel ones either, but not what Im lookin for.
this thing probably won't ever break 11 seconds...
unless i get a change of heart

donkey_punch said:
i say get the steel one and powder coat that bitch white. you have to keep on "Defining Pimp " lol

lol, imagine that?
i'd have real pimps beating me with cains.

im still undecided if that's a good thing or a bad thing :D

I still can't get over how this one guy's lightbar looked
it was so HIGH
it was incredible... very goofy.
but im likin the cdc light bar, so long as saleen sells the same thing (for more money, go figure)

It's 100% custom. I'd have the center bar removable too. That way you don't have to climb over it. I also like the way the back bars mirror the roof line instead of just going straight back.

Caldwell- Purchase the CDC lightbar. Best bar on the market. Saleen's bars come from CDC,so don't buy one from them. All you are doing is paying more $. Check out below and you should find some good prices on both light bars and speedster packages. Califonia Mustang has some high prices. Just my .02 to help out.

Hey Caldwell,

Been off line for a while, glad to see you are finally stepping to the light bar mod. :nice: You will not be sorry, the drop tops should have come factory with them IMO. And yes the CDC is the one you want. I got mine from California Mustangs if I remember right. I did not get the brake cutoff, for some reason I assumed it came with it. I did the install anyway with the plan of getting the cutoff switch and putting it on later. Well to my surprise I never notice the brake light on the inside of the car with the top up. :shrug: So I never ordered it. The only person that said something was my son ( 6' 2" ) when we folded him up and put him in the back seat. But he is the only person that has rode back there since I have had the car.

Here is the switch http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Mustang Exterior.htm

BTW I am lovin my suspension mods.. :banana: :banana: The mountains are soooooo much fun now. :D

VooDooChild said:
Hey Caldwell,

Been off line for a while, glad to see you are finally stepping to the light bar mod. :nice: You will not be sorry, the drop tops should have come factory with them IMO. And yes the CDC is the one you want. I got mine from California Mustangs if I remember right. I did not get the brake cutoff, for some reason I assumed it came with it. I did the install anyway with the plan of getting the cutoff switch and putting it on later. Well to my surprise I never notice the brake light on the inside of the car with the top up. :shrug: So I never ordered it. The only person that said something was my son ( 6' 2" ) when we folded him up and put him in the back seat. But he is the only person that has rode back there since I have had the car.

Here is the switch http://www.haneymotorsport.com/Mustang Exterior.htm

BTW I am lovin my suspension mods.. :banana: :banana: The mountains are soooooo much fun now. :D

Hey man, welcome back!
I was wondering where you were, but then again, it's the summer time and I'm rarely on myself as well.
Thanks for the link for the switch. I was wondering how bad it would glow from the other side...
me having a white top, I assume the light would glow out worse than with a brown or black top, but i never realized how expensive those friggin switches were :(
that place you gave me, haneymotorsports, has a pretty good price for the bars too...
I'm just waiting on my paycheque...
you said you had a way to install it too?

take it easy man

me having a white top, I assume the light would glow out worse than with a brown or black top

I have a Saddle (tan) top but my liner is dark gray. Is your liner white also?? If so yes I can see that it might light up your back seat. Honestly I never notice mine, and I have driven alot at night with the top up. The instructions are pretty straight forward. Other than the "Man I am about to cut holes in my *&^%" Use the templates that they give, and make sure you have them dead on. I measured like 4 times and made sure that the templates were just perfect. And somehow I was off on one of the holes, Not bad but on the drivers side you can barely see it. Pissed me off non the less.

Side note, I spent 4 hours the other day making a build number for the front bumper. I could not find what font Saleen used so I had to create it myself in Fireworks and do a reverse print to the back of the Decal and cut it out with a razor. I seen a few cobras at the car show that had them and thought it looked good. I will post a pic when I get home.

Good luck and man it will look sweet with the bar. That is one mod that made a big difference in the looks. I am fixing to get the Speedster cover with the wind guard soon. :banana:

When are you planning on doing the install? I have to do some detailing on mine hopefully this weekend. I will remove the bar on mine and take some key photos of the areas that you will be dealing with, and the wiring area. Let me know. To bad you are not closer, as I could help with the install.

VooDooChild said:
I have a Saddle (tan) top but my liner is dark gray. Is your liner white also?? If so yes I can see that it might light up your back seat. Honestly I never notice mine, and I have driven alot at night with the top up. The instructions are pretty straight forward. Other than the "Man I am about to cut holes in my *&^%" Use the templates that they give, and make sure you have them dead on. I measured like 4 times and made sure that the templates were just perfect. And somehow I was off on one of the holes, Not bad but on the drivers side you can barely see it. Pissed me off non the less.

Side note, I spent 4 hours the other day making a build number for the front bumper. I could not find what font Saleen used so I had to create it myself in Fireworks and do a reverse print to the back of the Decal and cut it out with a razor. I seen a few cobras at the car show that had them and thought it looked good. I will post a pic when I get home.

Good luck and man it will look sweet with the bar. That is one mod that made a big difference in the looks. I am fixing to get the Speedster cover with the wind guard soon. :banana:

When are you planning on doing the install? I have to do some detailing on mine hopefully this weekend. I will remove the bar on mine and take some key photos of the areas that you will be dealing with, and the wiring area. Let me know. To bad you are not closer, as I could help with the install.

That's what I figured about cutting into my side panels, but I have hands like a surgeon so I'll make sure not to be off... but thanks for the pointers. I think I'll be ordering it in about a week or so, i'm just waiting for my vacation pay :D
You really like that wind guard?
You need to send off some new pics of your car man, can never get enough of a vert.

Again, I appreciate the help with the bar dude :nice: I owe you one for that. I'll give you a shout as soon as she's in :cool:

You need to send off some new pics of your car man, can never get enough of a vert.

I have set aside all day Sat. just to clean and detail the car. Pictures will follow. I am going to try that Meguires 3 step program and see how that does.

And no problem on the tips. just returing the favor on the suspension.. :nice: I might be coming up north this fall. Penn. Might be worth the trip in to :canada: to get some photo ops with both of the cars. I am sure that you have some killer spots to pose at. LOL How close to the Falls are you??

I will have to take the light bar off to do some fine tuning adjustments and advance detailing. I will take some pics so you will have some visual references to go along with the elusive instructions that you get with the lightbar. LOL

VooDooChild said:
I have set aside all day Sat. just to clean and detail the car. Pictures will follow. I am going to try that Meguires 3 step program and see how that does.

And no problem on the tips. just returing the favor on the suspension.. :nice: I might be coming up north this fall. Penn. Might be worth the trip in to :canada: to get some photo ops with both of the cars. I am sure that you have some killer spots to pose at. LOL How close to the Falls are you??

I will have to take the light bar off to do some fine tuning adjustments and advance detailing. I will take some pics so you will have some visual references to go along with the elusive instructions that you get with the lightbar. LOL

I don't mind the Meguires 3 step, but I really fell in love with Mother's...
When you finish off with the Meguires, possibly test out this stuff, it's not too shabby.

I'm like 20 mins away from the falls bro, a hop skip and jump on the highway and we're there. I know a few good spots if you want to come up for a good photo op :nice:
but i should really mark down the key places on a map or a hand drawn area to eliminate needless detouring hahah.

For sure, no rush on the light bar, and i don't want you dismantling the thing just for my sake... so long as the instructions are good, i can definitely manage... but i mean if you're taking it off anyway... :p
then by all means please take pictures LOL

I know i am a little late on this but i just bought one from classic design concepts and its white. Im installing it tomorrow and then i can show you some pics of a white one. CDC makes them and then ships them to saleen, when i was in there yesterday they had piles of them waiting to have the vinly put on.

Kdizzite said:
I know i am a little late on this but i just bought one from classic design concepts and its white. Im installing it tomorrow and then i can show you some pics of a white one. CDC makes them and then ships them to saleen, when i was in there yesterday they had piles of them waiting to have the vinly put on.

you are a bit late, but that's okay :nice:

you got those pics up yet? :D