High mileage fox ! Buy A GTA ??????

revedup

Nov 18, 2005
S.F. Cal,
Stansters listen up
Got my old trusty 220,000 mile 5.0
Give me some advice!!!!
U think i may need a 2nd car??????

T-5 went out $1,600 later still driving it.
I feel that with calif smog comming soon and all these miles sooner than later car may be down!!!
I feel; 1 car is better less maint, less money, less hassle ,generaly speaking ect,ect,ect!
localy a 91 GTA 90kmile bout $2grand clean 1 owner a.t. considering it but..........
Since i,m not sure if eventually i should just keep the old stang running maybe soon a motor ect,
Or i should jump in with 2 feet for this GTA !!!!!!!!!!
My 5,0,s a stick this is auto!!
Im most concerned about reliabilty computer, temerature wise running normally,
sensors, t.p.i. more maintenance and repairs with the GTA???????
My 5.0,s s a stripper no a.c. no electric fan, no p.w. ect.
Stangsters give your opinions recpmendations and comments please and:bang: thanK you

• Sponsors (?)

nothing cheap about a t/a. the older cars require a lot of work. their electrical systems werent the best and mileage is horrible. the older tpi cars are getting harder and costlier to mod and just like foxes clean parts are becoming a rarity. find a cheap honda or toyota to take over DD duty.

For a dirt-cheap DD, get a Geo/Chevy Metro.

For a NICE DD (where MPG isn't a huge issue), get any 4.6L-powered Ford.

For a weekend toy, stick with the 5.0 Fox.

For a DD that does double-duty as a weekend toy, get any 4.6L-powered Ford and slap a blower on it. :D

F-Bodies are a waste in the long run. Trust me, I've been through FIVE of the things in my time. (Two '87 Firebirds, one '87 Formula 305 4bbl, one '91 T/A 350 TPI, and one '81 Z/28 350 4bbl.). They're good at looking pretty, and that's about it.