Fox High Pitched Whining

B.erazo712

Feb 6, 2015
On Monday I was driving around, and some idiot pulled out in front of me and stopped like a deer in headlights. I had to swerve and hit the curb (with my front passenger wheel) to not hit him, he then proceeded to drive off. I didn't notice it immediately, but I hear a high pitched whining sounds like its coming from the front driver wheel. Doesn't make any noise when stopped, as soon as I start moving it starts to whine. I don't think its the wheel hub bearing, because its a whining noise. Doesn't affect any way it drives, just annoying and scares me. Any help is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

Probably the thin metal dust shield behind the brake rotor....or some dirt got around the brake pads. Kinda hard to tell without seeing and hearing it.

A damaged roller bearing will most certainly whine. Hard hits can misform the rollers causing them to whine as they roll around the race. Worth checking.

Check for a teenager sitting in the back seat, lol
Or your female companion complaining about how much money you've already spent on the car. Lol:rolleyes:

Op I agree with boosted. Also you don't feel a vibration or wobble etc when driving correct? No noticeable change other than noise?

Or your female companion complaining about how much money you've already spent on the car. Lol:rolleyes:

Op I agree with boosted. Also you don't feel a vibration or wobble etc when driving correct? No noticeable change other than noise?

Haha. I'd say it's sounds like a hamster running wheel. And nothing really noticeable except the noise.

Bad bearings hum not squeak...at least in my experiences. Jack it up and spin the wheel...or have a shop check it out. If its the backing plate it could damage your rotor.

Reactions: 1 user
Jacked up the front wheels and started spinning them. The driver front wheel takes no force to push, and spins many times making a sound of two metal things rubbing every revolution. The passenger front side is harder to push, spins at most 3 times, making that metal rubbing noise the entire time.