High speed vibration

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Hey guys
Recently I've noticed a very annoying high speed vibration...happens like 65mph +
The whole car shakes, including the steering wheel. The steering wheel has always had like 1" of play so could that be why the wheel is shaking?
Do you guys think it's just a wheel balance problem? I do have 4:10's...but I don't have the cash for an aluminum d/s right now.
Thanks guys
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

My first thought was possibly a wheel imbalance too. On the cheap, swap wheels front to back and see if the vibration migrates rearward. If so, you have narrowed it down. Or look at the wheels for signs of a thrown weight.

If that aint it, the driveline is the next place to look. If you've had the gears for a bit and had no vibes, I'd check the U-joints for wear.

Good luck.

I having a simliar problem with my steering wheel it shakes side to side and the car shaking alittle from 30 -50 mph but on the freeway its smooth when I'm going over 60 mph.I have been told it might be one of the tie rods the tires are brand new and were balanced and the harmonic balancer is a liquid filled sfi approved and the driveshaft was balanced so that rules out the drivetrain.Check for play on your steering components