Holley, Bg, Demon Carbs

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
i missed some industry trading. These three brands are now owned by Holley, but were they three different companies to start with? And somehow, they all were using Holley designs. 1. How did they use Holley designs in the first place? Copyrights seem to be at issue here. 2. So then what happened? Did BG go bankrupt, and did Holley scoop them and Demon up?

I like the looks of the Demon 1900 and 1901. Although I have good luck with the basic 1850 derivatives, has anyone used one of these?

http://www.demoncarbs.com/Assets/docs/Products/Technical/LIT701rev10.pdf

• Sponsors (?)

I always used Holleys. I have no expierience with the others. Buddy used to have a BG and never had a problem with it. It actually ran perfect right out of the box-750 mech sec on a 355 sbc

Thanks. I do not know how I missed that bit of drama. The best thing I see having come out of this are improvements that Holley should have made long ago (like sight windows rather than plugs) are now standard on many of their models. How and why Holley was not able or willing to sue them for copying their designs still seems strange.

So has anyone experimented with the Street Demon carbs?