Hood prop delete

• Sponsors (?)

just be careful when putting them on....measure exactly, and make sure you have a rivet gun...it is definitely a cleaner look:

wilmington_044.jpg

Attachments

• wilmington_044.jpg
    wilmington_044.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 51
I just installed this kit yesterday, just remember to measure twice and drill once. I could have installed it a lot quicker if I hadn't been so anal about my measurements, but I was afraid of screwing it up. Results were perfect. I couldnt ask for a better setup. The rivets can make or break your install so make sure you have a good gun (I used Craftsman) and be sure the keep the heads of the rivets flush and tight while you are compressing them. The instructions included with the kit are very detailed and informative. The best tip they give you is to wrap the drill bit with electrical tape about 1/4 inch after the tip for the rivet holes going into the hood. This will prevent the bit from running too far into the hole and denting or possibly drilling a hole in the topside of your hood. My hood is fiberglass and took VERY minimal effort to drill through. Someone could easily slip and dent or drill through the top (especially since the bit will tend to pull itself through very fast after the first layer is penetrated). Deleting the hood prop was very helpful to me because my Procharger inlet tube and air filter make it very cramped in that front corner of the car. I shaved off the hood prop mounting tab after the install and it makes things a little less cluttered over there.

The elite kit doesn't seem worth the extra 50$ in my opinion... They both operate in the same way. The elite kit has a longer warranty and has upgraded struts that are silver. The basic kit struts look great black, I am not really into all of the polished stuff... hood struts aren't something you want to stand out I don't think... :shrug: