Horsepower

blak92stang

Dec 4, 2006
How much horsepower do you guys thing I am putting out ?
306,Cobra intake,trickflow twisted wedge heads,E303 cam,70mm TB, 24#inj,ud pulleys. Just curious, thanks for you replies.

• Sponsors (?)

decent products but they don't put down the big numbers people often go in expecting..again you have an nice intake and cam...decent low mid power but a little soft up top where the peak comes in. You'll likely find nice avg numbers and fun on the street, but like we've talked before generally most HCI combo's don't see over 300 untill the A/F and timing are dialed in pretty decently on the rollers....myself included.

A Tmoss/Thumper combo has done 270. This guys got the best Aluminum heads,a good intake and a cam!:shrug:

Just too many factors to call. I've seen lots of cars push under what they should, and lots push over. I think it's best to give conservative estimates, keep them from being too upset. Am I happy with my 268 rwhp number? Not really. But it does 110 at the track and runs awesome, so can I complain? Hell no!

I remember rolling into the dyno with my self tune...standard 40psi and 16 degree's of timing....275/310, I was devistated....shocked. After 6 pulls and tweeking she made 291/320 on 91 octane. I was still ticked but feeling better, now with some final touches, tweeks, a higher octane program on my chip it made the numbers in my sig...but even that's will lightly worked heads. The Eddy/TW/AFR heads are all quite simular on mild setups in terms of power...you'll be hard pressed to find one that leaves the others much behind on mild 302/306 builds with all things being equal.

I remember rolling into the dyno with my self tune...standard 40psi and 16 degree's of timing....275/310, I was devistated....shocked. After 6 pulls and tweeking she made 291/320 on 91 octane. I was still ticked but feeling better, now with some final touches, tweeks, a higher octane program on my chip it made the numbers in my sig...but even that's will lightly worked heads.

:hail2:

The only person who can answer these "what numbers do you think I can make with x, y, and z bolt-ons?" threads with any accuracy is your neighborhood dyno-shop.

Thats not entirely true. All you have to do is add up everything you have.

10 hp for every sticker
25 hp for monster tach
50 hp for exhaust
100 hp for heads
50 hp for cam
75 hp for intake