How difficult is replacing the front bumper cover?

erac78

Feb 11, 2004
I have an '02 Mineral Gray convertible and last Friday I had an ufortunate, ice induced run in with one of the poles on my car port. Long story short, I need to have my passenger side fender and front bumper cover/foam absorber replaced. I found a place from e-bay that sells OEM reject bumper covers (they said light scratching etc.) and my question is, how difficult is it to install the bumper cover? I assume from what I've seen that the absorber is a piece of cake but the cover I have my doubts about. I know that I also have to replace the front piece that sits under the hood and behind the grill that has all of the holes to hold things in place and that I'm not sure of either. Any help and ideas are appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

erac78 said:
I have an '02 Mineral Gray convertible and last Friday I had an ufortunate, ice induced run in with one of the poles on my car port. Long story short, I need to have my passenger side fender and front bumper cover/foam absorber replaced. I found a place from e-bay that sells OEM reject bumper covers (they said light scratching etc.) and my question is, how difficult is it to install the bumper cover? I assume from what I've seen that the absorber is a piece of cake but the cover I have my doubts about. I know that I also have to replace the front piece that sits under the hood and behind the grill that has all of the holes to hold things in place and that I'm not sure of either. Any help and ideas are appreciated.
The bumper cover is very easily doable. But the fender isn't.

If you're going to have to take it to a shop to have the fender fixed, why not order a new bumper cover from wherever, and just give them the new bumper cover to put back on when they're done?

Sorry about the bad luck man. This is why I don't drive the Stang in the winter. :notnice: