How do you get to the #4 plug?

I was just doing a tune-up on my 1995 GT convertible, plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and I had a h**l of a time trying to get to the # 4 plug (passenger side rear). I'm sure I'm not the only one whose had a problem with this.
What socket-swivel-extension-socket wrench combination do you guys use to get this plug in and out?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the replies. Just kind of frustrating that I was able to replace the rest of the plugs and wires in about 45 minutes but I spent about 2 hours attempting to get that one plug out. The only extension I have is about 5-6" long, and that's about where the smog crap is. I guess I will get a couple of different length extensions and try again.
Thanks again.

I just use two extensions as needed, one about 3", the other maybe 5". Take off the intake hose, and go for it. You just need be willing to see what new ways you can make your arms bend. Be creative. :D

Dave

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=568787

Detach the ait intake tube in front of the throttle body and move it out of the way. (The one with your MAF and IAT on it.) I used a screw driver type attachment and slid my arm underneath the emissions crap above the coolant tubes over the passenger side valve cover and came at the plug almost straight on. Its hard to explain but instead of going perpindicular to the bolt I went right at it.

I used a swivel and extension to tighten it back up... both approaches work, I just couldn't break the seal with the extension and universal at first.

adam

That is extremely hard, I know, but I've mastered it with the simple use of the most basic of hand tools and some really good arm contortions....not a joke post, serious...it can be done, just have patience....

all that smog crap is why i didn't change the plug wires on that side for a year. it's a real pain, but it is easier with the egr out of the way. you might think about disconnecting it while you are working on that side, and then putting it back when done.

BlackVert said:
all that smog crap is why i didn't change the plug wires on that side for a year. it's a real pain, but it is easier with the egr out of the way. you might think about disconnecting it while you are working on that side, and then putting it back when done.
It's actually worth the time to remove the smog hoses, it makes it that much easier.