How long did you have your stock battery?

• Sponsors (?)

Just replaced mine last week. Took it down to when it wouldnt start without an jump =]

1997 Mustang GT.

I dont think it was the stock battery. It mightve been the 2nd one ever put in the car though. It lasted a very long time!

Still using the stock one in my '02 GT. Still starts strong and it's lived though 4 Saskatchewan Winters where it will get down to -40C for a week or so at a time..

Oh, and I've never let it drain completely. I bet that helps a lot..

Riley

I replaced my 02's battery about a year ago, so I got about 4 years out of mine. However I did drain the battery more then once and I run a high powered audio system would strained it more.

4 years is about average from what I have learned.

Replace it with a Optima and you won't have to worry for a long time.

~K

I just replaced mine yesterday at roughly 3.5 years. I had a few mornings where it cranked slow for the first turn but started right up. I don't run a lot of electrics but my drive to work is only 11 miles. I just replaced it now instead of waiting till it dies at the worst possible time. It's not like I had to pay more because I replaced it six months early. Keep in mind that battery was produced possibly months before you took ownership of the car.

Replace it with a Optima and you won't have to worry for a long time.

~K

Not just any Optima for car audio systems, but the Yellow Top specifically. The Optima Yellow Top is a deep cycle battery that can be deeply discharged (from car audio, hydraulics, or a deep fryer) and recharged without a problem. Red Tops are "really nice looking" car batteries with a high amount of cranking amps that can't be "deep cycled." Though Red Tops are good for cars that don't have any heavy hitting electronics.

I have 3 amps, a sub and a cap and I use a Yellow Top Optima.

Just replaced my battery about a month ago with an Interstate. I had a red top optima about 6 months before that and it crapped out.....POS. :nonono: Optima is just a overpriced over rated juice box.....The Interstate has been great...:nice: