How long to install springs

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
for those of you guys who did your springs yourself...How long did it take you guys to install your springs? And what is the best bang for the buck as far as brands go? I wanna lower the car about a inch and a half

• Sponsors (?)

well me and a couple friends did it in a little over an hour :nice: i got the mac springs for my new one. i had them on my old one as well & loved the stance they gave the stang, not too low, not too high

:OT: am i having deja vu or did you post this same thing about a week ago :shrug:

I did springs, shocks, struts alone in about 6 hours. I had never worked on the suspension before either. As far as bang for your buck, the MRT set-up is great! It dropped my car about 1 1/2 inches and made a HUGE difference inthe handling. I don't think you can go wrong with a product designed by Scott Hoag for the stang. Total cost about $550 for the kit.

If all you're interested in is lowering the car, you can't beat the Ford "C" springs. Price-wise they're cheap. Many have used them, me included, but I pulled mine as the ride was too harsh, but the car sure looked great. It handled well except when I hit a series of bumps at highway speeds, then the car wanted to dart around.

PG98GT said:
If all you're interested in is lowering the car, you can't beat the Ford "C" springs. Price-wise they're cheap. Many have used them, me included, but I pulled mine as the ride was too harsh, but the car sure looked great. It handled well except when I hit a series of bumps at highway speeds, then the car wanted to dart around.
That is assocated with bump steer and changing your roll rate by lowering the car more than an inch. When you do the springs you really should consider also doing the bump steer kit, X2 Ball joints, and C/C plates...

Bo