how many miles will a nitto dr last in a dd??

• Sponsors (?)

How safe are nitto dr's in the rain? I never drive hard in the rain, so would I need to take it slower or just baby the car like I usually do? My Falken's are doing alright, but if I slip a gear in the back she may not hook too well.

I get ~ 20k miles out of my nittos as a daily driver (summer) along with many passes down the drag strip. When I say 20k miles though...I mean 20k until I start running through the tread.

The tires were safe in the rain (within reason) to around 15k miles.

millhouse said:
I get ~ 20k miles out of my nittos as a daily driver (summer) along with many passes down the drag strip. When I say 20k miles though...I mean 20k until I start running through the tread.

The tires were safe in the rain (within reason) to around 15k miles.

Agreed.

I got near 2 years of daily driving on my first set including appx 40 track passes, countless street passes heating up my tires and driving to work, ect. I let mine get down to the cords too, only reason I put my 2nd set on was b/c one tire got a flat and I had the 2nd set of nitto's sitting in the garage courtesy of the GF at the time.

Im on my 2nd set now and over 2 years later I still have a good 1/2 life left but the car isnt a daily driver anymore. Just a street/strip car :) I'm looking to switch to a set of 26" Mickey Thompson dr's next so I can actually hook my combo.

thanks for all the answers. I will just stick with a street tire. I have 255/40/17 nitto streets (555 something) and I was wanting to run 275/40 in the rear. Probably buy some sumitomos for the rear.

mclean - You still have over a 1/3 of the tread life left:confused: with that many miles...

Years doesn't matter on tires in terms of wear. The mileage and type of driving is more vindictive...

Nitto Dr's grab good and get more mileage than the more grabby dr's...

give or take one or the other...