How many of you are post whores?

• Sponsors (?)

The Factor said:
Well let me get this straight, because of a select few that abuse the "system" thats what its starting to feel like "The System".. your going to penalize all other loyal NW stangnet members which out # the few by a large margin. I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with Stangnets decision. Not that it matters, im just a member not a moderator. Well wait a minute without members there would'nt be any moderators...Theres some fruit for thought.Also maybe they should not even have post counts and clear every ones so were all at the same playing level.Wonder how that would make some feel that helped enforced this new plan that have already established 5 digit #s in posts.:shrug:
You want 65,000 posts? I'm starting to think that would solve your issue.

You don't really think I've made over 65,000 posts here, do you?

*edit: Wooooo, lookit how high they go now! The last time I had to shut down the post-count obsessed, the system wouldn't let me go past 65k.

(Of course, you can't be higher than me. Post counts are important.)

Post counts dont matter. Forum Admins coming in and treating us like children is what is pissing me off. It seems like its your sandbox and you dont want anyone else to play here, so guess what? You can have your fuggin sandbox...Im out.

gospeedgo said:
:SNSign:
icon_jackoff.gif

Pretty much sums it up

Yeah, I'm real sad to see you go.

fiveofanatic said:
Nah, that's not the point. It's only to keep morons from running up their post count like you were making fun of at the start of this thread.
Alright, then take a stand. Turn off post counts altogether.

What use does post count serve?

1. Establishes legitimacy -- I can sell stuff in the classifieds with no hassle, people send me money orders & cashier's checks to buy stuff, without knowing anything about me except that I have 6700 posts.

2. Establishes knowledge -- a bit of a stretch, to be sure, but when someone posts on a technical forum who has a large post count, many newbies will infer that their statements carry more weight.

So... drop post count as a measurement, and implement specific systems to address both points. A have already seen a feedback system similar to eBay that seems to be a plugin for vBulletin. That takes care of #1. For #2, establish an alternative feedback system (similar to, but separate from #1) that people can use to single out users who have contributed valuable content.

For #2, a slashdot-style double moderation system would be very cool, but perhaps difficult to implement. But anything would be better than using post count.

Dave

I've never paid any attention to post count on any forums. I've never found the value. The only things I pay any attention to are "My Garage", the on-offline status and location. To me, the rest is just a waste of bandwidth. It would make more sense to me just to put join date and post counts on profile pages so those of you who really wanted to know you could go look, that would solve most of the hassles.

As far as Tech forums... you can call around to local shops and get mixed info or you can take your car in and pay for the right answer, or you can search the internet and find some over-complicated diagram which makes no sense to the average joe/jane. Or you can go to the tech section, ask your question and someone will say, "yeah I had that same problem, it was this or that and you just do this to fix it, or do that to see if it's the same problem" in plain english.

I've gotten a few answers to my questions in the tech forums and the majority in the thread are usually right. As posted before "who would go to stangnet for tech advice".... Someone like me who hasn't owned half the mustangs in the state and done everything to them, that's who. If you're too smart to ask the questions, then maybe you could help out and answer them, then the tech section would be better to you because you would be giving the "correct" answers.

I'm not trying to flame anyone here or start s**t, I'm just getting tired of the world today where all people want to do is b**ch about stuff and do nothing to make it better.

I've never read anywhere that said you had to be asc certified to post in a forum. I've also never paid stangnet for their services, so since it's free... there's no room anyone to complain.

Stangnet if free to join... it's also free to quit in case you were wondering.

fiveofanatic said:
You want 65,000 posts? I'm starting to think that would solve your issue.

You don't really think I've made over 65,000 posts here, do you?

*edit: Wooooo, lookit how high they go now! The last time I had to shut down the post-count obsessed, the system wouldn't let me go past 65k.

(Of course, you can't be higher than me. Post counts are important.)
Thats fair, thankyou....500,000.....:banana: I figured I was gonna be zeroed out or :ban: Have a nice day:D P.S Just please dont knock down my sand castle:D

Rootus said:
Alright, then take a stand. Turn off post counts altogether.

Are you kidding me? Look at all the crap I have to put up with from you; now I should do it for the whole site? :rlaugh: No, thanks. You're enough fun.

Rootus said:
What use does post count serve?

Nothing but e-peen bragging rights for those who think it's important. The rest of us realize they don't actually mean anything.

Post whores huh?

Well it looks like i'm adding a few of my own, So I guess that means I'll be a post whore in no time. I made comments on th Bon Jovi concert on another Starbuks thred.Just winding down from the after effects of the concert so I can get some sleep now. Wouldn't want to turn into the proverbial pumpkin because it's after midnight. teehee. Have a nice day you all.:lol: