How many of you bought an SN just so you would never have to do drum brakes again?

Never had a problem with fitting over the stud. Early 70's GMC 3/4 ton or my late '70's Ramcharger. The left side handle is notched out so you can leverage the spring onto the stud if you can't use the pointed end. In any event, it worked well for me.

• Sponsors (?)

Just finished the front brakes on this monster. Every part of my body hurts. I hammered on the drums until they cracked, and they still wouldn't come off. I finally removed the outer wheel bearing to just take the hub and drum off together. It still took a massive beating to get them off. I hit them so hard that one of the shoe nails broke in 2. It's like the drums are pressed onto the hubs on this truck. I had to put the drums in the press to break them out. I was almost at the limit of how hard I could pull on the press handle before the hubs broke out of them. It sounded like I had shot off a shot gun. Then replaced all the parts, and had to press the new drums on with the lug nuts.

Kurt