How much am I putting out now?

• Sponsors (?)

Yea deff. open up the intake side with a TB and MAF cuz thats holding back a good bit from that 306. What kind of valves are you running with those flatops? I'm thinking your hp is around 265 to the wheels. Get a tweecer and i'm sure you can tune it to around 280+.

fiveo'cobra said:
Yea deff. open up the intake side with a TB and MAF cuz thats holding back a good bit from that 306. What kind of valves are you running with those flatops? I'm thinking your hp is around 265 to the wheels. Get a tweecer and i'm sure you can tune it to around 280+.

Thanks for the advice fiveo and folks!' :hail2: Mo money ..I know, gotta pay to play! :) As to the valves? It's a basic e7 head on there with stock valves right now. I just figure I'll get new heads in the future. Thanks for playing "guess the HP!" Yep tweecer is good idea. It kind of idles fast when drifting..reminds me of a pig, lol. Oink, oink, oink oink (fast)...then blub blub blub blub (slow at stop)...

Oh, and what size throttle body would you suggest? I guess it all depends on the mods..I have heard of a couple of guys on here going to 75mm and saying their car was slower until they put the stock one back on. I dunno their exact specifications though but they had done some work to their cars. I will try to find the tread.

I just don't see how a tb or maf, or tb and maf together is gonna give you anything but a small gain.

I don't know your long term plans but .....

I'd wait until you need larger inj's and do the maf/inj's upgrade all together.

That is my .02 but I have been down that road so to speak.

Later
Grady

final5-0 said:
I just don't see how a tb or maf, or tb and maf together is gonna give you anything but a small gain.

I don't know your long term plans but .....

I'd wait until you need larger inj's and do the maf/inj's upgrade all together.

That is my .02 but I have been down that road so to speak.

Later
Grady
Yep. That's what I was thinking of doing..maf, tb and injectors at the same time rather than just 2/3. I have a new fuel pump too but haven't installed it yet (155). Grady, you have some real nice gains in your car looks like. Those AFR heads are ls1 killers aren't they.

Oh, yea and valve springs are shimmed.

Pokageek said:
Yep. That's what I was thinking of doing..maf, tb and injectors at the same time rather than just 2/3. I have a new fuel pump too but haven't installed it yet (155). Grady, you have some real nice gains in your car looks like. Those AFR heads are ls1 killers aren't they.

Oh, yea and valve springs are shimmed.

I know I'm the lowest guess on your gain and I don't wanna upset you or anything, but with the stock intake, I just don't see how you will have the air flow to support numbers that high. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong :D

As for the heads ......................

The heads are nice and all but the other parts along with them contribute to what I think is the best part of how things turned out with the combo.

The low end torque :banana:

All of my old time gear-head buds have driven the car and they say it reminds them of how a big block pulls from low rpms in 3rd & 4th gear.

Again I firmly believe Ed Curtis is the main reason for the outcome. :hail2:

I told him I wanted a torque curve that looked like it turned out. :nice:

He fussed at me for having the RPM upper, lol. :nono:

I had it before I started working with him btw. :shrug:

Later
Grady

That's ok, it is what it is. Sounds from you guys like I am around the 300fwhp mark which is my leasst target range. I think at 293rwhp, you must be pushing over 360fwhp?

Yep, I agree. I like having the low end. That's why I bought the trick flow (idle -->5500rpm). O well, got the intake, now have to get the other parts that go with it. Heads last. If I have the money I will go AFR otherwise thinking alternatives..

WhiteDevil said:
I think Edelbrock heads produce good amount of power too for 300 bucks less :banana:

I agree without a doubt and you have to admit it ..........................

I've told you so on more than one ocasion.

Your heads were not around when I got mine however.

Again, thanks for the pics ...... great info :nice:

Later
Grady

Pokageek said:
All mods in my sig and just added Trick Flow street intake.

I guess I'm getting blind AND forgeting how to read in my old age :D

I blew right past that and went to the sig :nono:

Now that I see you DO have an intake I see why the rest of the guys guess is higher than mine and I've got to agree with their higher numbers.

Sorry about that Senior Moment :bang:

Later
Grady

final5-0 said:
I guess I'm getting blind AND forgeting how to read in my old age :D

I blew right past that and went to the sig :nono:

Now that I see you DO have an intake I see why the rest of the guys guess is higher than mine and I've got to agree with their higher numbers.

Sorry about that Senior Moment :bang:

Later
Grady

Hhaha, no problem Grady. I wasn't sure if you missed it at first. Then I thought you meant the whole inj, TB, MAF, and intake combo.