How much nitrous on stock internals?

H8IT4U

Dec 8, 2005
Mississippi
Recently I sold my 99 Gt to a friend along with my nitrous kit. I have been running a 95-100 shot on this car for the longest and hitting the mid-12's with no problems. Talked with him the other day and he is changing the jets to between a 150 to 175 jet! Is this safe? The car has all the bolt ons but still has stock internals. If this is not safe what is the limit for this car?

• Sponsors (?)

well, with the intakes, the more shot the more fuel pushed in, so you will have cylinders getting varied amounts of fuel if you are using a big shot(175+) i have seen first hand that this will kill the best of motors. so even with a built motor, pushing more than 150 is just asking for issues. but with a properly setup NA car and a 150 kit mid to high 10's are pretty attainable

Jackie Chan said:
well, with the intakes, the more shot the more fuel pushed in, so you will have cylinders getting varied amounts of fuel if you are using a big shot(175+) i have seen first hand that this will kill the best of motors. so even with a built motor, pushing more than 150 is just asking for issues. but with a properly setup NA car and a 150 kit mid to high 10's are pretty attainable

What kind of times do you think the 125 shot would run if done right?

03ghoststang said:
i'll ask him later today on the numbers, but i know this year it will be the first time he will run it at the track

This what i did with a 95 dry shot before i sold it with bad tires.

60ft 1.979
330 5.406
1/8 8.249
MPH 87.730
E.T 12.795
MPH 106.938
(I tried to download it but i kept getting errors)

i run a compucar 125 shot, untuned, range colder plugs..have pushed a good 40 bottles of n20 through the car and she runs great, people say you have to have a tune, but never got one and she runs just fine...but n20 is tricky, its like the hot chick with an STD...u wanna hit it, but are afraid of the consequences...i personally wont go over a 125, makes all the power i need and gets me down the track plenty fast..

60' 2.03
330 5.13
1/8th 7.72@95

H8IT4U said:
This what i did with a 95 dry shot before i sold it with bad tires.

60ft 1.979
330 5.406
1/8 8.249
MPH 87.730
E.T 12.795
MPH 106.938
(I tried to download it but i kept getting errors)

LOL, thats the EXACT same ET I got...ummhmmm N/A. :lol: It appears that the car was laying over on the big end, you had me by over a 1.5MPH in the 1/8....then I came back and got almost 2MPH on you in the 1/4. Whats up with that :scratch: . Nice time BTW:D

I wont comment on the N20, it gets me into trouble when i give my opinions :( .

hotmustang331 said:
LOL, thats the EXACT same ET I got...ummhmmm N/A. :lol: It appears that the car was laying over on the big end, you had me by over a 1.5MPH in the 1/8....then I came back and got almost 2MPH on you in the 1/4. Whats up with that :scratch: . Nice time BTW:D

I wont comment on the N20, it gets me into trouble when i give my opinions :( .
Pretty good for a N/A Car only diff. is the money spent. There are alot of ways to make'em move just pick your poison:nice:
what size gear you running?