How the hell did you guys.....

Change the spark plug on #4 cylinder (closest to firewall on passenger side)? I have taken what I can off to make it easier to get to but I just can't reach it. I try to tighten it with my fingers but I keep dropping it and I can't fit a wrench in there. This is really more of a rant than anything else but I have been trying to get it in since 3:00 and I need a break. :bang

• Sponsors (?)

Now that we got the two guys in the same thread coming back from the darkside (boost), what's going on with your cars Jesse and Joe?

Your combo sounds pretty stout Jesse. Any expected power output numbers? What kind of parts are you using? What trans are you going to use?

Joe, if I remember correctly, you are keeping your trap shut, right? When are we going to hear about it?

Joe

Joes95GT said:
Now that we got the two guys in the same thread coming back from the darkside (boost), what's going on with your cars Jesse and Joe?

Your combo sounds pretty stout Jesse. Any expected power output numbers? What kind of parts are you using? What trans are you going to use?

Joe, if I remember correctly, you are keeping your trap shut, right? When are we going to hear about it?

Joe

I know what Jesse's doing and it's much bigger then mine (motors that is). I'm not saying until I make up mind.

Joes95GT said:

Joe

This thread is about spark plugs damnit, spark plugs! :D I need one of you to come over and put this SOB in for me.

Joes95GT said:

Joe

The lower end is a 69block, forged H beams, forged crank, and forged probe pistons. Ed is setting up the cam so the motor will be shifted at 6500. I have no clue on power really, should be up there though. Im just gonna shoot for 450rwhp n/a for now and see what happens. The rest of the major mods are in the sig, still waiting on most things, but that IS what the combo will be. Only my third combo this year, and hopefully the last haha.

As for the tranny, im not sure yet. Hopefully the t5 will survive a little while longer (atleast through the break-in!), then i will be going to a C4, unless i score some great deal on a TKO.

its pretty simple. i start mine with my hand first. sometimes you drop it and if you want to do it the "right" way then use a spark plug socket with a small extension. very very easy :)

I havent read what everyone has said but one thing I have done that made it easy was to duct tape the spark plug to the socket once it is inside. Then I could pretty much finger tighten it and have enuf to grab onto to keep from dropping it. Once its threaded, take the tape off and finish it off.

I use a 'wobble' or 'swivel' connector on the spark plug socket and an extension to start the plug. Without the rubber grommet to hold the plug in the socket, it's damn near impossible to get it started. As for finding the hole(as you put it):D , it's kind of a 'feel' thing, not a 'visual' thing. Hope that helps.

yeah, when you get frustrated things dont happen. just take a break for a few min, have a beer or whatnot then go back to it. i have my egr stuff on the car still and can get to mine even before the LT's were put on. just takes a bunch of practice. you will get it soon, dont worry :)

Yeah...I remember back when I had all my smog stuff on, that #4 cylinder plug was a bear. Many a drops of blood flowed from my knuckles from that. Just keep trying and manuvering, eventually you will get it.

Maybe try from underneath if all else fails???

why not take off that EGR tube? I think its two 1" fittings that you unscrew and that tube will come right off... Take off smog and EGR if you can. Makes it a lot easier. I got a straight shot, well had, of my sparkplugs... I'll get a pic of what I have to deal with now one of these days to show you and you'll be greatful of how easy yours are to change (i gotta take the header off)