How to get perfect glass?

Ernad

celibate sans pants
Apr 2, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
OK. I want my glass so clean that one thinks there is nothing there (well, not that extreme, but you get the point). Anyways, I have tried plenty of products and ways to apply them, but my problem always remains.....STREAKS! :mad:

I would like step by step instructions on how to get it perfectly clean. Thanks. :)

• Sponsors (?)

the best tip i can give you is to use a clean microfiber towel and good glass cleaner. then use another clean, dry microfiber towel after the cleaner did its job.

I've tried the newspaper thing before with Invisible Glass. It was clean, but it seemed to take a lot of work, especially if there was some gassing on your windows. I now use a microfiber to wash and another to dry.

I have yet to use Invisible Glass on microfiber, but Eagle One 20/20 works great with it.

Here's one for ya.... (saw it on TV - "Two Guys Garage" or some show like that - can't remember..) Anyway - If you notice that the windshield is ever excessively mucked up and you want to start fresh do this - IT WORKS GREAT!! Purchase "Barkeepers Friend" (product used by bartenders to clean up - you can find it near Comet bathroom abrasive in your local grocer.) It won't scratch your glass!. Sprinkle generously onto a wet towel and work it into a lather on your windshield followed by a good rinse. It'll remove any buildup of wax products, sap, oils,..whatever. Then apply your favorite glass cleaner as you normally would - I'm one for the microfiber towels, but to each his own. Pay special attention to the wiper blades as well otherwise you'll undo the process the first time you ever use them - which hopefully is never.

BTW - the idea for this comes from a windshield wiper manufacturer that uses this process in their lab in prep for testing new blades...

Good Luck.:)

invisible glass and microfiber towels to clean the glass. then when your done use rain x to protect the glasson teh outside, the water will bead right off! when using teh rain x buff it on like youw ould wax, then let it dry. it will look cloudy and streaky, but thats ok, when it turns cloduy just get a clean towel and buff it out, works ervery time!