How to Remove Convertible Back Seats....

SilverGT

Dec 17, 2003
I tried to remove the back seat out of my convertible but there are no visible trace of the nuts anywhere...I know the lower cushion has 2 push in release buttons i pushed them in but it wont come up....is there a way to take taht out? just push in and lift up right? but if anyone can help please post a reply...thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

I always use my Ignition key to push the plastic tab to release the seat , sometime you have to push on the seat while pushing the plastic tab to make it easier to release , and after just pull the seat up.

When seat removed , you will see 2 bolts at the bottom of the backrest just remove them.

The 2 holder on top where the seat belts are can be a pain a little but not too bad. I think you pull the bottom of the backrest toward you and push up to have the plastic tab from the backrest itself clear the frame behind the back seat to remove them .

To put it back just insert the top of the backrest into the 2 plastic thing and push up to be able to place the plastic tab from the backrest back in to the frame , you may have to fight the leather who's covering the frame a little , it always move over the holes and don't line up , just take your time.

I don't have the bottom bolts on my back seat so for me it's less then 10 minutes to have seat and backrest removed without tools !

:)

I find it easier to just use my finger to push in the tab. With a flathead screwdriver it's hard to tell if you are on the tab or the surrounding plastic.

I find the tab with my finger, push down on the seat a bit and then push in the tab and lift the seat. It will release on that one side. When you do the other side be sure that you haven't pushed the seat back down on the first side and re-latched it again.

Then the seat will easily pull up and out. At that point you'll be able to see the bolts for the back portion of the seat. Remove those and pull the back up to remove.

Piece of cake after you've done it once. :nice: