"How To's" on 91-93LX's...

xxSmokum7xx

Jan 21, 2004
Please post (EFI/CARB.) any EASY 1-2-3 mods and directions here, for the newbies (no, no. not me.) Such as disconnecting the knock sensor, Timing advance, That stupid, stupid useless hose (useless cuz i live in miami) that goes from the exhaust manny to the intake, or w/e, just anything that i can do to tune my car that doesnt involve ANY MONEY!!! hehe, thanks again, later.

• Sponsors (?)

You say the guides are not for you, but others who don't know how to do it, but then you say just anything that i can do to tune my car, which means you are refering to yourself. If you have a question, ask it, theres no shame in not knowing something, thats why this forum is here.

91+'s- have no knock sensor or adjustable timing. exhaust is most restrictive. drop your exhaust pipe, pull your factory manifold and open the end dump up at least 1/4". While putting the manifold back on, take the egr tube off at the ex. manifold, put a good old U.S. quarter in the fitting and reassemble. You have just disconnected your egr valve and greatly improved the width of the power band. If you have over 80,000 miles on the o2 sensor, replace it. Ditto the plugs/wires/thermostat. That's about it for the cheap and easy, next is cold air intake, after that you better get out your wallet. :flag: