Howling Rear end... need it re-done what all do i need?

exindust

May 8, 2004
Moorpark, CA
My rear end is howling and im assuming its the bearings are all jacked up. I plan on doing gears are the same time so besides the 4.10's what else do i need to buy as far as bearings / fixing my howling sound...

Pics and links if at all possible...

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

exindust said:
My rear end is howling and im assuming its the bearings are all jacked up. I plan on doing gears are the same time so besides the 4.10's what else do i need to buy as far as bearings / fixing my howling sound...

Pics and links if at all possible...

Thanks!
If you're going to do it, do it right. Get a full bearing & seal kit. It will come with all the bearings, seals, and accessories you need to rebuild the rear end, along with your 4.10 gear set. You'll also need 2qts. of rear differential fluid and a 4oz. bottle of friction modifier. Something else you "might" need is a differential repair kit, which shouldn't run no more than 60 dollars, but that might not be needed.

Try contacting Randy Stinchcomb at www.modulardepot.com Just go there, go into the forums section under the forums tab at the top of the main page and look for "Ford Parts section". He can be accessed through there. Or, you can PM him here on Stangnet. His user name is "Randy Stinchcomb". He's a great guy to order from and he knows his "stuff". Just tell him what you're looking for and he should hook you right up.