Hydraulic Clutch Adjustment

The Dan

Jul 16, 2003
Orange County, CA
Can someone tell me how to adjust my JME hydro. clutch. I want it to engage a little sooner than it is. It is brand new, just drove it for the first time today. It is starting to grab to late for my taste, want it to come in a bit sooner coming up from the floor.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

There is only one way to adjust the unit, by changing the amount of pre-load on the clutch fork. I adjusted mine so the clutch fork was just starting to put load on the pressure plate. My clutch grabs pretty low, which is the way I like it as well.

In my set-up, I have adjustment set on the JMC slave like JCode says, and I also have adjustment at the pedal. With all slop adjusted out, the clutch "hits" about halfway through the travel. Bleeding all the air out is critical, as well as matching bores of the slave & M/C.

Mine is a JMC kit, so I'm sure it has matched MC and slave. Mine comes in about half way up as well. I'd Like it to come it about 1/4 to 1/3 of the way up from the floor. I'm going to back off the fork and see if that helps, but like I said, I have a small amount of preload as it is. Maybe this is just the way it is with the JMC. If so I can live with it, just like my clutches to come in quicker.