Hyper silver rims info.

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
Looking to get this finish on my next wheels... They look easy to maintain and kinda a happy medium between chrome and polished...

Any input or pics would be appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks...

I tried chrome Cobra R's and didn't like the look....Polished is nice but I know they can mofo to keep a good shine on em, nevermind the road grime seems to stick to em.. my bike wheels are polished.
The hyper seems like it's almost a soft chrome kinda look... I'm all about easy to clean so I'm really leaning towards these...

Post up pics as I have been kicking around the idea of getting my TTII's powdercoated like a dark chrome or hyper shade to tone them down just a notch. Not a huge fan of super shiny rims on an all black car...but hate all black cars with black rims :shrug: .

The biggest reason is the TTII's are a mothFer to keep nice. I ran threw a whole can of polish in 2 washes and my hands hurt soo bad. I bought a buff ball but it was the big one and only really got the big areas (do a fantastic job on the pro-stars though). I may try the mini buff ball this year before I 100% commit to powdercoat.

IMG_1696.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

I was so pissed when I bought my replica FR500s, because I wanted the Hyper Silver but they didn't offer it. I thought the chrome was a little ostentatious, so I went with silver. About two months later they came out with the hyper. You can get the chrome deep dish with it too, which is a great mix of bling and bad azz. Its the best looking color IMO.

Adam